Thursday, January 29, 2009

My LiveJournal


Here I am, just staring at my computer screen, with nothing to write.

I can’t say I have writer’s block, since I don’t really consider myself a writer, even if I’d love to do so. I think of myself as more of a reader than a writer, since most of what I write is more for my personal expression anyway. Aside from academic papers, exam essays, and the occasional article in the school paper way back in grade school and high school, I don’t really write much outside of my journals. But my journals are secretly my pride and joy. I’ve kept them since grade 5 or 6, I think, even if I didn’t really take it seriously yet. Back then, it was just a school requirement, but the habit stuck. I wrote all sorts of weird things in my journals back then; I think it was filled with doodles, drawings and the occasional FLAMES of my name and my crush (hahaha), aside from the usual account of my day. I had always complained inwardly that my hand moved too slowly for the thoughts in my head, but still, I persisted. I wrote and wrote and wrote.

I was the happiest child in the world when I discovered online journals! Hooray for technology. Hahaha. My very first online journal was made in fourth highschool, in wordpress.com. Then I discovered Tabulas, Blogspot, Xanga, Livejournal, and even made accounts in all of them (NOT actually all of them) , but abandoned most. It was only my Livejournal that stuck with me for four years—from second year high school till today.

Although I love blogging—the typing, the open to the public function, and not to mention the convenience, for me—nothing beats good old pen and paper when it comes to writing my thoughts down. On one hand, blogging can be so interactive now, with the photo posting option, the comments, and all of that. But at the end of the day, it’s leafing through yellowed pages filled with my really ugly scribbles that I love. It’s that candy wrapper I inserted between the pages or the flower I tried to preserve that day that I look for. It’s seeing how my writing (and handwriting, haha) has evolved through the years, and how I can just end up laughing at my endless rambles about mundane things, and rants about petty fights.

Whoops, think I just rambled again right there. This entry is filled with my rambling! Forgive me. Hahaha. But still, I’m glad I didn’t abandon my journal writing years ago, or else I wouldn’t be writing this blog entry right now! :)) Hmm, maybe I can call myself a writer just like my elder sisiter, who knows? Hahaha.

PS you can visit her own blog. Which is very nice! http://www.sandierpastures.com/


by:







1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the linky love. Practice makes perfect and even with years and years of practice my writing is nowhere near perfect.Enjoy what you do, enjoy writing and write more. That's the best way to improve.

And I think you are improving A LOT!

Post a Comment

 

iheartlife Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice